Skip to Content
Community
Clark State’s Kirkman joins TAC Board of Directors

Clark State’s Kirkman joins TAC Board of Directors

May 3, 2024
Dr. Dawayne Kirkman headshot in blue sweater with white collar and blue tie. Dawayne Kirkman, Ph.D., Clark State’s Vice President, Student Affairs, has joined the TAC Industries Board of Directors.

TAC Industries, a nonprofit organization that helps people with disabilities to reach their full potential through inclusive workplaces, has appointed Dawayne Kirkman, Ph.D., Clark State’s Vice President of Student Affairs, to its Board of Directors.

“I am honored to join the Board of Directors at TAC Industries,” said Kirkman, who will help guide TAC’s strategic direction, ensuring that the organization continues to help individuals with disabilities and other barriers discover employment opportunities. “I am deeply committed to creating opportunities for people to thrive. I look forward to working collaboratively with the TAC Board and team to make a meaningful impact on the lives of those we serve.”

At Clark State, Kirkman spearheads initiatives to improve student enrollment, engagement and success rates. His work has earned multiple recognitions including the 2023 Diversity and Inclusion Award and being named a 2015 Dayton Business Journal Forty Under Forty.  He earned his doctorate in educational leadership from the University of Dayton and has previously served on Boards and committees with Achieving the Dream, the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators and Fairborn Rotary.

“We are thrilled to welcome Dr. Dawayne Kirkman to the TAC Industries Board,” said Jim Zahora, TAC CEO. “His extensive experience and dedication to empowering underserved communities make him a valuable addition to our team. We look forward to working with Dawayne to further our mission and drive positive change in our community.”

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu